GKS Bachelors Scholarships in Korea 2022 for International Students:
Applicants from every part of the globe are advised to apply for the GKS Bachelors Scholarships in Korea 2022. Government of South Korea is offering scholarships for all International Students from around the globe to study free in an Undergraduate Degree Program. In 2010, Korean government has started this scholarships for students from other countries to enhance the education and relationship between Korea and Partner Countries. Global Korea is a Fully Funded Scholarships to pursue Bachelors Degree from South Korea. Students can continue their education in best universities of the Korea. Also read KAUST Scholarship in Saudi Arabia 2022 (Fully Funded).
Every year Korean Government offered 220 Bachelors Degree scholarships to students. In those award 85 will be offered using University Track while 125 awards will be given using Embassy Track. These scholarships will cover all the subject areas and study fields for Undergraduate Degree. Global Korea Scholarships is providing all the costs regrading study free abroad. The award duration for Associate Degree is 2-3 years while its 4-6 years for Bachelors Degree. Both programs have 1 year Korean Language Course in Extra.
There are two methods to apply for GKS Scholarship Program 2022 and both have different deadlines to apply. Students can apply using University Track or using Embassy Track. There is different deadline for every Embassy Track. Students have to contact with Koran Embassy in their Country. While last date using University track is 20th October 2021. Students have advised to read all the given below information to apply Successfully.
GKS Bachelors Scholarships in Korea 2022 Description:
- Deadline: 20th October 2021
- Course Level: BS Degree
- No. of Scholarships: 220
- Scholarship Country: South Korea
- Offered by: Korean Government
Don't join more than One Group
Write your Motivational Letter by reading How to Write a Letter of Motivation?
List of Available Degree Programs:
Korean Government offering scholarships for given below study areas or related fields to these programs.
- Natural Science
- Liberal Arts & Social Science
- Entertainment & Sports
GKS Bachelors Scholarships in Korea 2022 for International Aspirants have a grant to cover all the study costs in Korea to undertake Bachelors Degree. Details of expenses covered by GKS Scholarship is provided below:
- Visa application support allowance
- GKS will cover all the Tuition Fee costs.
- Allowance of 900,000 KRW/month will be provided against Housing.
- Economy Class Return Airfare Tickets will be given every year.
- An Allowance of 200,000 KRW for Resettlement
- Covered Health Insurance
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
- 100,000 KRW of Completion Grant will be given on Degree Completion.
- Grant for Language Courses
- Excellent Korean Language Proficiency allowance will be provided.
Participating Universities List:
Embassy Track Universities:
Ajou University, Duksung Women’s University, Dongguk University, Ewha Womans University, Hanyang University (Seoul), Kookmin University, Konkuk University, Korea University, Korea Polytechnic University, Kyung Hee University, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul National University, Sungkyunkwan University, Sookmyung Women’s University, Yonsei University
Busan University of Foreign Studies, Chonnam National University, Chungnam National University, Daegu University, Dongseo University, Daejeon University, Hannam University, Handong Global University, Inje University, Jeju National University, Kongju National University, Kyungpook National University, Kangwon National University, Soonchunhyang University, Keimyung University, Konyang University, Sunchon National University, National Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Pai Chai University, Pusan National University, Pukyong National University, Silla University, Semyung University, Sun Moon University
University Track Universities:
Busan University of Foreign Studies, Soonchunhyang University, Chonnam National University, Chungnam National University, Daegu University, Daejeon University, Dongseo University, Handong Global University, Hannam University, Inje University, Jeju National University, Silla University, Kyungpook National University, Kangwon National University, Keimyung University, Kongju National University, Konyang University, National Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Pai Chai University, Pusan National University, Pukyong National University, Sunchon National University, Semyung University, Sun Moon University
What are the Global Korea Scholarships Tracks?
Embassy Track: Total Scholarships: 115
Using the Embassy Track, students can submit their Application Materia to Korean Embassy in Student’s country.
University Track: Total Scholarships: 95
Students only interested in Natural Science & Engineering study fields can apply through University Track. In this method students have to submit their application directly to university of your Choice. The Scholarships type is “General” to apply for this scholarship.
Aspirants have to meet the given below criteria, to be eligible for GKS Scholarship:
- Candidate having Dual Nationality or Korean Nationality cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Students of any nationality other than Korean and their parents are eligible to apply for the award.
- Aspirants must complete High School Degree by the date of 28th February 2022. Students must have 80% mark or in the 20% top students of the class.
- Applicants having age less than 25 years or having Date of Birth after 1st March 1997.
- Students health will allow him/her for study in Bachelors Degree Program. If the student’s drug test is positive, he cannot apply.
- Students who completed their degree from Korean School are not eligible for scholarship.
- Applicants can apply for One Track at the Same time:
- Students cannot apply for both University and Embassy Track.
- In the University Track, Candidates can only apply for One University and One Program.
Note: If any students applied for both tracks, then his application will be dismissed
Documents to be Submitted during admission process:
During the Online Application, Applicants have to upload the following document:
- Application Form must be Signed by Applicant.
- Signed Personal Statement
- Study Plan will also be signed
- Recommendation Letters signed by Recommender
- GKS Applicants Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Certificate of High School Graduation
- Proof of Citizenship
- High School Transcripts
- Parents Proof of Citizenship
- Proof of Age
- English Proficiency Test or Certificate of Korean
- Copy of awards and other certificates
- Valid Passport Copy
Embassy Track: Students have mention in Application Form Three Different Universities from Type and Must One University from Type B.
University Track : These Students can select only one University and One Department.
The Deadline for the GKS Bachelors Scholarships in Korea 2022 for International Applicants is different for every Embassy. Students can contact their respective embassy for further details. Using Embassy track the deadline is 20th October 2021.
Apply Procedure for GKS Bachelors Scholarships in Korea:
There are two separate methods to apply for the Korean Government Scholarships 2022. Using the Embassy Trak and the University Track. Applicants cannot apply in both tracks. So follow the information below to apply for the scholarship:
Application to University Directly :
Students who are interested in the Engineering and Natural Science fields of study can apply using this track. Remember that applicants can select only One University and One Department under this process.
In this process students can select any one university (list of universities is given above) and then apply for the scholarships in that university. University will send your Application Material to NIIED for final decision.
Apply using Embassy Track:
This year in Embassy Track the fields of Architecture and Medicine are also added. So, students can apply in any bachelors degree program in 38 universities of Korea. Students have to fill the application form and attach all the listed above documents and submit complete application to Korean Embassy in Your Country. Embassy will select the students and send their details to NIIED.
For further information about GKS Scholarships visit the Official Announcement Link given as follows: