ISO LOMSO Fellowships 2022 in South Africa Fully Funded:
International Students are advised to apply for ISO LOMSO Fellowships 2022 in South Africa. Students from the whole world can apply for a Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue Ph.D. Degrees. After the fellowships have been awarded, this will be discussed with the home institution on a case-by-case basis. It will be the duty of the fellow and his or her home institution to find replacement professors. Must-Visit: Qatar University Scholarships 2022 in Qatar For MS & Ph.D. [Fully Funded]
In isiXhosa, iso Lomso means “the eye of tomorrow”: looking forward, building the groundwork for the future. The program is designed for African academics who have completed a Ph.D. degree within the last seven years and are employed in a university or research institution in Africa. Candidates must have developed a research program and completed a post-doctoral fellowship or an equivalent post-PhD program to be considered. All disciplines are taken into account. Also Visit: SMART Fully Funded Scholarship 2022 in the USA
African Government offered a lot of Fellowships as well as Scholarships for worldwide Students annually. Iso Lomso Fellowships for Early Career African Researchers 2022 is also one of these fellowships. Iso Lomso fellowships allowing fellows to design and implement their long-term research projects. The goal is to make it easier for them to become prominent academics in their disciplines by assisting and supporting them. It is a fully-funded fellowship in Africa. Don’t lose out on the opportunity to study with a fully supported fellowship. Complete information is present in the lines given in the following lines:
Brief Description of ISO LOMSO Fellowships 2022 in South Africa:
- Available Degrees: Doctoral & Postdoctoral programs
- Financial Support: Fully Funded
- Institute: Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS)
- Scholarship Country: African
- Closing Date: 15th February 2022
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Study Abroad with a full Scholarship: ICYF Fully Funded Internship Program 2021 in Istanbul, Turkey
STIAS residency is the primary source of funding. The fellow, his or her home institution, and STIAS will all agree on a residential time that will last between six weeks and five months. The first residence will generally be for a lengthier period, taking place between July 2022 and June 2023, and will be followed by two further residencies in 2024. Fellows get frequent STIAS colleague assistance while in residence, which includes:
- a return trip in the economy;
- pleasant lodging within walking distance of the institute;
- Individual offices with a computer, phone, and printer;
- a monthly stipend;
- access to a high-speed internet connection;
daily lunch, weekly fellows’ seminars, STIAS public lectures, and social events;
- a child care reimbursement for fellows who are accompanied by young children while in residence.
A residence at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe, or abroad is an option.
Conferences on a global scale
Up to two international conferences or training workshops can be attended anywhere in the globe with funding.
You have your workshop
Support for organizing a workshop at STIAS or their home institution with partners.
Your institution’s support
During residence periods, the fellow’s home institution receives a professor replacement subsidy.
Programs Offered by
ISO LOMSO Fellowships 2022:
All disciplines will be taken into account. Non-Anglophone African applicants may conduct their research in their preferred language, but the application materials must be completed in English. The following criteria will be used to evaluate and choose applications:
- Level: the applicant’s academic excellence, as well as the planned research project’s originality and intellectual strength;
The project’s promise of fresh insights and the ability to create new knowledge is referred to as innovation.
Interdisciplinarity: whether the project approach allows for the incorporation of ideas from other disciplines and whether it can foster interdisciplinary dialogue;
- Relevance: the project’s importance for African study and knowledge generation;
- Feasibility refers to how compelling and practical the study design and strategy are.
Eligibility for Fellowship:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the 2022 call:
- be an African native-born after January 1, 1980;
- be affiliated with a research or higher education institution in an African country and plan to stay there for the foreseeable future;
- hold a doctoral degree from any recognized higher education institution (global) after January 1, 2015;
- have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or comparable post-PhD research program; and
- be able to begin at STIAS between July 2022 and June 2023.
Required Documents for Fellowship:
All of the mentioned documents here must be uploaded during the online application process. Details are provided in the lines elsewhere here:
- A concise resume/CV is required.
- Nationality of Africa
- Statement of purpose or motivational letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Last institute’s English Proficiency Certificate
- Otherwise, you will need to take the IELTS exam if your previous degree was not in English.
- Application deadline: 15 February 2022
- Shortlist selection: 30 April 2022
- Final selection: 31 May 2022
Shortlisted bidders may be contacted in May 2022 for any additional information about their planned projects that may be necessary. By the end of May 2022, a final decision will be made, and successful candidates will be informed in June 2022. These dates are subject to change and will be updated on this page if they do. Must-Visit: Russian Government Open Doors Fully Funded Scholarship 2022
Application Procedure for Iso Lomso Fully Funded Fellowships for Early Career African Researchers 2022:
The whole admission process is completed digitally. Applicants can check online by reviewing all of the following criteria and preparing the papers that must be uploaded during the online application. Students are invited to apply before the date.