Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) for International Students:
International Students are advised to apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) 2022 in China. Students from all over the world can apply for Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue Undergraduate Degree Programs, Master Degree Programs, and PhD Degrees. No Application Fee Will Be Charged from Students. If your last schooling is in English, IELTS is not needed for this scholarship. The English language test is only required for those students who have not obtained their previous education in English. Also visit University of Bristol Think Big Scholarship in UK 2022 (Funded).
All the Major Subjects and Specializations like philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art are available under Shanghai Scholarship. This grant pays up to CNY3500 of complete tuition costs, housing, medical care, and monthly living expenses. For the 2021-2022 session, the Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS is open to foreign students to attend higher education at educational institutions in Shanghai, China.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship Known as SGS was started in 2006 with the goal of enhancing the growth of international student education in Shanghai and enabling ECNU to receive more outstanding international students, researchers, and scholars. Don’t miss this chance for a full scholarship to study. Must read about Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship in China 2022 (Fully Funded).
Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) Description:
- Deadline: 15th May 2022
- Course level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Scholarship country: China
- Award value: Fully Funded
- University: The list is given below
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Two types of scholarships are offered by the Shanghai Government. Type A (Complete Fully Funded Scholarship) & Type B (Partial scholarship)
Type of A (Full Scholarship):
- Total Tuition Fee Excluded, Registration Fee, Lesson Fee
- Free On-campus housing
- Free Comprehensive Medical Care Provision
- Monthly Stipend:
- For Doctoral Degrees: CNY350000
- For Master degree program: CNY3000
- For Undergraduate Programs: CNY250000
Type B of (Partial Scholarship):
- Exempt to have adequate medical insurance for tuition fees.
List of Shanghai universities Under SGS:
|No.||Name of Universities||Websites|
|2||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn|
|3||Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine||http://www.shsmu.edu.cn/iso|
|5||East China Normal University||http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN|
|6||East China University of Science and Technology||http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/en|
|7||Shanghai International Studies University||http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn|
|9||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics||http://ices.sufe.edu.cn|
|11||University of Shanghai for Science and Technology||http://iso.usst.edu.cn|
|12||Shanghai Maritime University||http://en.shmtu.edu.cn|
|13||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||http://www.shcmusic.edu.cn|
|14||Shanghai Theatre Academy||http://www.sta.edu.cn|
|15||Shanghai University of Sport||http://cice.sus.edu.cn|
|16||East China University of Political Science and Law||http://www.ecupl.edu.cn|
|17||Shanghai Ocean University||http://admissions.shou.edu. cn/en/en?c=index|
|18||Shanghai University of Electric Power||http://fao.shiep.edu.cn/en|
|19||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine||http://iec.shutcm.edu.cn/en|
|20||Shanghai Normal University||http://iao.shnu.edu.cn|
|21||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics||http://www.suibe.edu.cn/sis|
|22||Shanghai university of Engineering Science||http://chinese.sues.edu.cn|
|23||Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance||http://en.lixin.edu.cn/web/ home.aspx|
|24||Shanghai Polytechnic University||http://lxs.sspu.edu.cn|
|25||Shanghai Dianji University||http://guojijl.sdju.edu.cn|
|26||Shanghai Institute of Technology||http://inter.sit.edu.cn/s/56/t/ 263/p/1/c/2504/list.htm|
|27||Shanghai Business School||http://www.sbs.edu.cn/en_01|
|28||Shanghai University of Political Science and Law||http://int.shupl.edu.cn/ english/main.psp|
|29||Sanda University||http://www.sandau.edu.cn/ english/main.htm|
|30||Shanghai Jian Qiao University||http://www.iidc.gench.edu.cn|
|31||Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences||http://www.sumhs.edu.cn|
|33||China Europe International Business School||http://en.ceibs.edu|
|34||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences||http://yjs.sass.org.cn|
There are 86 undergraduate programs, 27 master’s programs, and 43 doctoral programs for the Shanghai Government Scholarship. The Bachelor’s Degree Program takes 4 to 5 years to complete. Master’s degree programs require 2 to 3 years to complete. Programs for doctoral degrees are 3 or 4 years.
- International Chinese Studies
- Advanced International and Area Studies
- Educational Technology
- Teacher Education
- Educational Psychology
- Education Science
- Psychology and Cognitive Science
- Business, Economics, Management Administration
- Finance and Statics
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Molecular Engineering
- Chinese Language & Literature
- Social Development
- Foreign Language
- Physical Education and Health Care
- Fine Arts
- Geographic Sciences
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences
- Urban and Regional Sciences
- Key Laboratory of Precision Spectroscopy
- Estuary and Coastal Research
Students have to meet the given below eligibility criteria to apply for SGS for International Students:
- Applicants must be people who are not Chinese and in good health.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma for the pre-college curriculum and be under 23.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma and be under 25 years old for the bachelor’s degree program.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 for the master’s degree program.
- Applicants for a Ph.D. program must hold a master’s degree and must be under 40.
Documents to be Submitted:
Following documents are required for the scholarship:
- SGS online application form
- East China Normal University online application form
- Educational Degree Certificates (Notarized)
- Valid Passport Copy
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Study Plan, Research plan
- Research proposal (If Applicable)
- Statement of Purpose
- Updated CV (Resume)
- Proof of Language
- Non-Criminal Certificate
- Physical Examination Form
- Acceptance Letter (if applicable)
- Other Supporting Documents (If any)
The deadline to apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students in China is 15th May 2022.
Apply Procedure for Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS):
To apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, please follow the following step-by-step instructions:
- Applicants can register via http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/ and submit online. Please make an online request and download the application form.
- Applicants can register and apply online with the university website chosen (A list of universities is given above). Send an online application (if applicable).
- After uploading your online application, download the application form and print it out. Mail two sets of rough copies of application papers to the university where you have submitted (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies).