International Students are advised to apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2023-24. Students from all nations of the world are eligible to apply for these Fully Funded Canadian Fellowships to pursue Post Doctorate Degrees. This is a fantastic opportunity for postdoctoral researchers from Banting to establish connections and support their shared research objectives with their European counterparts. The planned Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships aim to develop their leadership potential and position them as tomorrow’s research leaders, attracting and holding on to the best postdoctoral talent both domestically and internationally. You can also apply for University of Groningen Eric Bleumink Fund in the Netherlands 2023-24
The Postdoctoral Banting Fellowships Programme (PDF), which is intended for Banting Postdoctoral Researchers and Host Institutions, promotes the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Programme of the Government of Canada. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Programme (PDF) is administered by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. One follow-up questionnaire is due five years after the conclusion of the postdoctoral fellowship, and the other is due ten years after the award tenure. Postdocs Banting must also submit a final report. The staff of the Vanier-Banting Secretariat used the discussions and documents mentioned above to assess the program’s performance.
Each year, the Canadian government offers several scholarships to candidates from abroad. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is also one of these fellowships. The programme seeks, by means of a single lengthy visit (up to 12 months) or by numerous short-term visits to Europe (for example, for cooperative research projects), to facilitate collaboration between European scholars and Banting postdoctoral researchers. If your previous degree was earned in English, IELTS is not necessary for this fellowship. Only candidates whose prior education was not in English are needed to take an English language test. Never pass up the opportunity to receive this fellowship. Complete Details in the below lines: Must Apply For Loughborough University Scholarships in UK 2023-24 [Fully Funded]
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Description:
|Host University||Research Centers|
|Course Level||Post Doctorate Degrees|
|Scholarship Value||Fully Funded|
|Who is Eligible?||International Students|
|Deadline Date||20 September 2023|
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
You May Also Like This:
- City University of London Scholarships 2023-24 [Fully Funded]
- Medical Universities in Ukraine Without IELTS 2023-24
- Murdoch University Scholarships in Australia 2023-24 [Fully Funded]
- Stellenbosch University Scholarships 2023-24
List of Research Institutes:
- Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Bursaries for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are scholarships rather than pay. Details are as follows:
- Total Amount of $70,000 per year
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP);
- Employment Insurance (EI); or
- other non-discretionary benefits.
However, no portion of the fellowship may be removed by the host institution without the fellow’s prior written consent and with the exception of tax issues.
For more information on income tax implications of scholarships and fellowships, please refer to S1-F2-C3: Scholarships, Research Grants, and Other Education Assistance published by the Canada Revenue Agency, or get in touch with the CRA directly.
Travel and field research
Postdoctoral researchers can travel and research in the field but must continue to work at their host university.
An amount of $70,000 (taxable) total per year for the Banting Postdoc Fellowships. Additional travel/research grants are not available.
Eligibility for Fellowship:
Citizenship and location of the host institution
Foreign nationals, Canadian citizens, and permanent residents of Canada are all qualified to apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada provided they meet the criteria listed below:
- Except in a Canadian institution, the Banting Postdoc Fellowship cannot be held by a non-Canadian national or permanent resident.
- Applicants that have a doctoral degree, a Doctoral Equivalent or a professional health degree from a foreign university and who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can only have a postdoctoral Banting in a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who have received their PhD, PhD equivalent or professional health from the University of Canada and are Canadian nationals or permanent residents, can hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at any Canadian institution or non-Canadian institution.
Eligibility window for degree completion
For the 2023–24 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships programme, candidates must have earned a doctoral degree, a degree equal to a PhD, or a degree comparable to a health professional between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024 (including and up until the date of their award).
Those who applied but hadn’t finished all of their degree requirements by the deadline must provide proof by October 15, 2024.
The most recent graduates of candidates with more than one PhD, PhD, or healthcare graduate are included in the eligibility window.
For Complete Details: Visit the Link
Details of the documents needed for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada are below lines:
- Passport for International Students.
- Short Resume/CV. How to Write a Powerful CV/Resume For a Scholarship OR Job
- A motivational letter or Statement of purpose. Click Here For Sample
- Two Recommendation Letters.
- English Proficiency Certificate from last degree institute.
- IELTS if the language of instruction for your prior degree programme was not English.
- Applicant’s research excellence and demonstrated leadership.
- The merit of the proposed research.
Must Read This: Students may learn our Professional Writing Tips to increase their chances of acceptance for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2023-24 for international students. Click Here
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Application Deadline:
The deadline to apply Online for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2023-24 is 20 September 2023.
Application Procedure For Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship:
Depending on their requirements for competence, Banting Fellows may participate in the examination of applications for the CIHR Doctoral Research Awards. Email invitations have been sent. All interested and eligible students must avail this prestigious opportunity to get professional skills to brighten their future.
Thanks for visiting the OPPORTUNITIES INFO website which is providing daily admissions, scholarships, internships, and fellowships News for you.