University of Michigan LSA Collegiate USA Fellowship 2021
International Students are advised to apply for the University of Michigan LSA Collegiate USA Fellowship 2021. Foreign students can apply for a Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue after Ph.D. Degrees. LSA provides an exceptional liberal arts undergraduate education at a top research university, and it is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive intellectual environment. The LSA Collegiate Fellows programme aims to assist excellent scholars in all liberal arts areas who are devoted to promoting diversity in the academy, as well as to prepare them for future tenure-track posts in LSA at the University of Michigan. Must-Visit: World Health Organization Paid Internship Program 2022
The University of Michigan LSA is a top-ranked public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan, founded in 1841. The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) and the National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) at the University of Michigan are accepting applications for the LSA Collegiate Fellowship in 2022. The Fellowship, which was established in 2016 as a major college initiative, aims to promote an inclusive scholarly environment by recruiting and retaining exceptional early career faculty scholars, as well as supporting these outstanding scholars who are dedicated to building a diverse intellectual community. Study in the USA: Beloit College Merit Scholarships 2022 in the USA (Funded)
Each year, the United States government offers a large number of fellowships and scholarships to international students. One of these scholarships is the University of Michigan LSA Collegiate USA Fellowship 2021. The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) at LSA will also organise and offer a variety of cohort and program-based activities to support Fellows’ scholarship and professional development while also fostering a community of scholars committed to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Don’t forget to grab to explore for free. Below are the complete details:
Brief Description of University of Michigan LSA Collegiate USA Fellowship 2021:
- Available Degrees: PhD Degrees
- Financial Support: Funded
- Institute: University of Michigan LSA
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Closing Date: 4th October 2021
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Check Chang Gung University Fully Funded Scholarship 2022 in Taiwan
Must-Visit: Centennial Funded Scholarships 2021 at Nihon University in Japan
For up to two years, LSA Collegiate Fellows will be paid a beginning salary of $60,000* with perks, as well as money for conference and research expenses. Fellows will dedicate their time to doing independent research while also participating in pedagogical development activities such as the LSA Teaching Academy and classroom teaching/engagement throughout the fellowship. During the academic year, all Fellows are required to live on campus and participate in departmental lectures and other events. During their fellowship, participants will also get career advice from a departmental mentor.
In economics and political science, predoctoral fellowships may be awarded; doctoral degrees must be earned before July 1, 2023. Predoctoral fellows will be paid a starting salary of $50,000 plus perks if they are accepted.
Programs Offered by University of Michigan LSA:
Candidates whose work is represented within the following LSA academic departments or units are encouraged to apply for the 2021–2022 year:
- Afroamerican and African Studies (DAAS)
- American Culture (includes ethnic studies programs)
- Asian Languages and Cultures
- Classical Studies
- Communication and Media
- Comparative Literature
- Complex Systems
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB)
- Film, Television, and Media
- Germanic Languages and Literatures
- History of Art
- Judaic Studies
- Life Sciences Institute (LSI)
- Middle East Studies
- Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology (MCDB)
- Organizational Studies
- Political Science
- Romance Languages and Literatures
- Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Must-Visit: EWC Fully Funded Scholarship 2022 in the USA
Eligibility for Fellowship:
Doctorate degrees should be completed between January 1, 2017 and July 1, 2022 for candidates in the natural sciences; doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2019 and July 1, 2022 for applicants in the social sciences or humanities (August 31, 2022 for applicants in the Department of Economics).
Individuals who have received a PhD from U-M or who are presently employed at U-M as a postdoctoral researcher, faculty member, or staff member are not eligible.
Required Documents for Fellowship:
A complete submission will consist of:
- Curriculum vitae
- Abstract of a dissertation (1 page).
- Writing sample (maximum of 35 pages per writing sample; 1-2 examples). A research paper, whether published or unpublished, a journal article, or a dissertation chapter are all examples. The page limit does not include references, citations, formulae, appendices, or illustrations.
- Three letters of recommendation (By October 7, 2021, letter authors must provide letters of recommendation.)
- A research proposal describing your academic work and outlining your research strategy for the fellowship period (2-3 pages; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit).
- Statement on your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as evidenced through your scholarship/research, teaching/mentoring, and/or service/engagement. Your study proposal and teaching statements may have some overlap (1-3 pages).
- Describe your teaching philosophy in a statement that includes experience from official and informal teaching and mentoring settings (1-3 pages).
The deadline for most applications for the LSA Collegiate Fellows programme in 2021–2022 is Monday, October 4, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (EDT), with reference letters due Thursday, October 7, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
Candidates for the Departments of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Economics, Biophysics, Mathematics, Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Statistics, and Physics must submit applications and reference letters by November 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT). Study Abroad for free: Young Water Funded Fellowship Program in Bangladesh 2021
Application Procedure for University of Michigan LSA Collegiate USA Fellowship 2021:
Applicants in all qualifying disciplines will be evaluated using a multi-stage evaluation process based on their academic talent and ability to contribute to higher education via their demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in scholarship, teaching, and service.
NCID, professors in the relevant academic department(s)/program(s), as well as a college selection committee and academic dean, will examine applications (s).